It has been a busy week for Miss Emily. On Sunday, her friend Abby came over to play while Abby's parents went out for an afternoon date. :) Having both girls is very easy in some ways because they entertain each other. However, they also leave the playroom a disaster! All 6 of us had dinner together - and we learned that pasta and babies results in both babies getting a bath. :) But they had a great time - and all the adults enjoyed having some time to visit. Abby taught Emily how to climb - they were both practicing climbing up in Emily's little chairs and sitting on the back rail... Abby would climb up in the chair and lean over the gate to reach Amber - that got stopped quickly. :)
Emily's teachers this week commented on the fact that she was climbing a lot at school too - they have to watch her closely because she tries to climb up in the teacher size chairs. So far she has not realized she can climb the cubbies but it is only time I'm sure. :)
Toward the end of the week I was struck with a major case of allergy laryngitis... which is no fun. But after two days of lots of sleep - I now sound much worse than I feel - which is a good thing! Thankfully those two days were two that Emily actually only got up once during the night!!! - for those who don't know - our daughter is a horrible sleeper. We are dealing with it and for the most part avoid talking in public about it because (mom in particular) there is such a thing as too much advice. :) There is nothing wrong with her - it is just part of her personality - it will probably get better (I hope but I have friends who warn this is not a guarantee) with age and as we adopt some changes AFTER the Italy trip. No point in making major changes prior to that big trip.
Anyway - sorry - you can probably tell I've had some unsolicited help in this area from strangers and acquaintances recently and it's worn me out.
On a more positive note! :) Yesterday evening I made beef stew with corn bread and Emily was begging for some of the creamed corn I used in the corn bread. So I decided what the heck - I'll give her some in her little bowl (she's been a chow hound the last couple of days) so I stripped off her shirt and put a little bit in her bowl and gave her a spoon. She did GREAT! While there is tons on her - there was NONE on the floor! :)
She is growing up so fast - she has started saying 'BA' for Ball and she has a word that means dog but I haven't figured out how to spell it yet. She says more... and is getting better and better at communicating every day - which makes life a lot easier for mom and dad in understanding her wants and needs. :)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment