Before we left on vacation we had a crazy weekend! It started with the easter egg hunt at Em's school - it was very very cute. Em would grab eggs and put them in her friend's baskets. She had a great time and was not a happy camper when mom said it was time to pack up and head home. I had to pick her up a little earlier than normal because she and I were due at our friend's wedding rehearsal in Roswell at 6pm (it's about an hour and a half from Athens) and we wanted to stop at home and give daddy a hug and kiss before he left to go to church for Good Friday Services.
The rehearsal and dinner went wonderfully and Em had a great time playing with all of her friends - and flirting with her uncle Danny. She was also very excited about the sweet potato fries for dinner. :)
Saturday morning brought the trip to Winder with Amber to stay with Jenn and Micheal and then off to church for the easter egg hunt with the Combee's. Emily was MUCH more interested in playing on the playground than in hunting eggs - but she did have a good time and we got lots of cute pictures of her and Jamie playing.
Then rush back home so that mom and dad could change and head to the wedding. I was reading at the wedding and was very anxious but it went beautifully. I think it was one of the most moving weddings I have been to in a very long time - and brought back lots of good memories of ours. Our friend Danny was the officiant which was really neat. J and I headed home early so that we could head to sunrise service the next morning - of course we were up late doing last minute shuffling of packed stuff and getting ready for the big trip.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment