Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching up

Wow it's been a whirlwind the last couple of months - Let's see if I can do this in a whir -

We came home from Italy and were at home for about a week before Em and I headed up to my mom's to check on her after her broken leg. We had a great visit with Gramma and the dogs and then headed back home. Then came mother's day and a couple of weeks to try and catch our breath - but on the 17th of May - Emily, our friend Liz, and I packed up and headed back to Virginia. Em and Liz stayed at Gramma's house while I went up to a conference in Baltimore. Emily had a great time playing in her new sandbox and playing with the puppies - and Liz reports that she was able to enjoy some much needed sunshine and book reading time - as well as card and game playing with Gramma. We rushed back after making sure that Gramma got to move from a real cast to a walking cast (YEAH!!!!!) just in time for Liz to drop Em and I off at the rehersal dinner for our friend's Lia and Rob (I was going to be a bridesmaid and J an usher at their wedding on Saturday).

So Memorial Day weekend was spent with Emily getting to play with her Grammy and Uncle Matt while Jason and I were tied up with wedding festivities on Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding - but I was exhausted by Saturday night. Sunday, we all went down and met my best friend from grad schook, Dionne, for lunch (she was in town for another wedding) and then headed off to the Fernbank Science Museum to meet our friends Karen and Jeff. Emily had a great time checking out all the cool hands-on exhibits at the museum! And we all got home in time for a great afternoon nap!

Since that weekend we have been working on catching our breath and trying to catch up on activities at home. We had the church picnic last weekend and then Emily and Abby have been having Tuesday playdates so that Michael and I can switch off babysitting and working. The girls love it and we sometimes get to go do fun stuff like play in the fountain at the park near our house and other silly things!

There are a few new pictures up and I have more I need to post at home but I need to find a quiet night to do it. :) Those are hard to come by these days.

Em has moved up to the next class at school - The Runners! So far she is doing really well. She naps on a cot, eats her meals on her own, and is just growing up so fast. She loves to climb and play on all the playground equipment and is developing pretty good balance and control. More and more words are coming every day and she is getting very good at communicating her needs and wants - unfortunately no and head shaking is one thing she has learned. :) But she has also learned the sign for thank you... and please (we get thank you a lot more than please so far - but it's coming along).... :)

Ok back to work - more later!
Va

No comments: