So many of you know Emily has historically been a horrible sleeper.... I am just now starting to have nights where I can sleep through the night.
Well, when they moved her to a cot at school she started sleeping a million times better - so we have been working on ironing out our bedtime routine at home and it seems to be paying off finally. :) In the past month I have actually had a couple of nights of full (aka at least 5 straight hours) of sleep! We are working with her on going to bed in her own bed - so she actually falls asleep on her futon and then at some point during the night we move her to the crib. As soon as I pick up the baby gate from Jenn we are going to work on letting her sleep through the night on the futon with the idea that as soon as I can get to mom's and get the bedroom set - we will update her room to a little girl room. I'm excited and sad all at the same time that she is growing up so fast....
However, one way that it helped a lot was with the beach trip! We went ahead and invested in a toddler airbed after seeing one that Chip and Allison had from Jamie. I got it a few days before we left for the beach and Em went to bed two nights on it and took one nap on it. Well - at the beach she went down for bed and for naps like a dream... she didn't always sleep through the night but she went down for bed and would sleep from 8 or 8:30 until at least one or two - and sometimes even until 4 or 6am... so it was GREAT!!! It has a motor that inflates it and the sides come up a little so she can't easily roll off. And it's big enough that she will be able to use it for a long time. I LOVE IT!!! And it doesn't take up anywhere near as much space as the pack and play (and seems like it is a lot more comfy).... :)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment