Monday, November 17, 2008

Travelers

Emily and I made our first trip this week just the two of us! We drove up to Gramma Joan's on Wednesday of last week so that Emily could stay with Gramma while mom went to DC for a meeting. I think that the two of us did quite well! It helps that Emily can face forward now in her car seat - so with her in the back with Amber (crated beside her) we took off about one from Athens. I had a bag of toys and snacks for her in the front seat and when she woke up for her nap I passed them back one at a time to keep her entertained. The one that lasted the longest was the paper bag from my lunch. :) We made the trip in about 7 hours so not too bad and got there in time to have dinner with Gramma and create havoc on the living room floor.

Thursday I was off to DC and Em stayed with Gramma - she was having an off day which was hard on all of us I think - but lots of snuggling with Gramma seemed to help. By the end of the day she was crawling around the living room to find Gramma or to go play with the doggies. And Gramma's doggies actually let her pet them which is more than her Amber doggie usually lets her do (unless she has food). By the time I got back to Gramma's Friday around 5 - she was her happy self again and had a lot of fun strewing toys from one end of the living room to the other. And I LOVED coming home to homemade meatloaf and trimmings.

Saturday Em and I headed home... She was a trooper and didn't get fussy at all until the very last 20 minutes of the trip. She was VERY happy to be back with daddy again...

No comments: