Saturday, December 27, 2008

Family Update

I just thought about the fact that I sent out Christmas cards with the blog address - so I may as well post a quick update on all of us here - just in case someone checks it out who we haven't talked to in awhile. It has been a crazy year for us -

- Emily Morgan Dick arrived about 3 weeks early on January 14th. We spent the weekend in the hospital (watching Green Bay lose in the playoffs) and waiting for her arrival - which gave Jason and I plenty of time to debate and pick out a name finally. She has been an absolute joy ever since. And oddly enough - it snowed TWICE in the first month she was here - I've lived down here for 10 years and only seen maybe 4 snows total here! (we used to have a lot more up in VA).

- In March we took a trip up to stay with Gramma Lisa while she had surgery and for the first week or so after her recovery. And then in April Gramma Joan and Gramma Lisa each came down for a week to stay with Emily while mom started to go back to work. I only went back to the Georgia Department of Human Resources for two weeks before I turned in my notice. I left so that I could spend a few months at home with Emily before I started teaching at Gainesville State College in Gainesville Georgia. It was during those two weeks though that I found out that I was being offered a faculty position at the University of Georgia with the Carl Vinson Institute of Government as public outreach faculty. Basically this means that I do not have teaching responsibilities - I help local & state governments and non-profit groups with evaluation of different programs.

- In August I started teaching on Tuesday and Thursdays and in September I started working in Athens at UGA the other three days a week. I taught early childhood education observation and assessment to two classes that were primarily Head Start teachers working on their Bachelor's degree. In January I will cut back to just working at UGA. I LOVE my job at the University and am very blessed to have the chance to help families and communities. We have found a great nanny who helps with Emily on days I work from home and then Emily attends a child care center just outside of Athens. Emily LOVES her Aunt Katie and her new school (often she is trying to get down to stay and play when mom gets there to pick her up).

- In October Jason received an offer to return to Discrete Wireless as a Network Manager. He has been back there for a few months now and seems very happy. It did mean we lost some vacation time over the holidays but he is challenged and enjoying his job a great deal.

If you are ever in the Atlanta area feel free to give us a call and swing on by... We love company. Drop us a line and say hello!

Off to chase the rugrat before uploading new pictures and writing about Christmas... :)
Love to all!

No comments: